Saturday, August 16, 2008

Camera Critters

Second week of my furry little babies.




This geeky little one is a young Tiger aka Yipper. I gave her the name Tiger because she fights like a tiger, but once she started meowing or should I say yipping, I changed her name to Little Yipper. When she was a little kitten she had huge ears. She has since grown into them.


She loves to climbs trees. She will take off running and next thing, she is in the middle of a tree.



(Can you see the Little Yipper?)


A couple of years ago, I went into the shed to get the lawnmower out. I was about to walk in when a snake poked it's head out from under the mower. I am terrified of snakes. After doing my ooh-ooh snake dance, I yelled and ran for the phone. Fast forward to last May. I opened the shed door and seen an orange streak. Thinking snake, I prompting did my dance and yelled. Coming to my senses I realized that snakes aren't orange. I carefully went in and seen two little kittens. Well I started talking the "OOH aren't you the cutest little thing." I reached down to pick Yipper up. She scratched and bloodied my finger. The little bitch, but I don't think she ever since a person before. I left them alone and started mowing, thinking what I should do. Do I call animal control or what? I decided that they could stay as long as they kept the snakes out of the shed. I would tame them and find good homes. Do you know how hard it is to find kittens a home? Around here, very hard. Everyone loves kittens, but they say, "They become cats." So what's their point. We were babies and grew into adults. I tried to find them homes, but also grew very attached to them. So this is the story with Yipper and Ralph (next week's Critter). I guess you could say they found themselves a good home.


One of the funniest thing is to watch her walk. She puffed her shoulder's out and looks like a line backer or a muscle woman.

(Isn't she pretty?)


She isn't geeky looking anymore. She grew into those ears, but don't let this pretty face fool you. She still has a mean streak in her, but she is a sweet little girl.




To see other cute critters, big and small, furry and not, please visit our host Misty. Have a good weekend everyone.

35 comments:

bobbie said...

I don't care what you say, I think she was pretty right from the start. Just look at those eyes.

No! I don't want a cat!

Anonymous said...

She is just pretty! I agree with Bobbie:)

Happy Saturday!

ratmammy said...

what a cute kitty yipper is! the shoulders you described sounds like our bob.he's got shoulders like he's a swimmer! haha! very bulky.

Teena in Toronto said...

What a gorgeous kitty!

I played too ... come see my bald Chia kitty :)

Lapa37 said...

Very nice I just love orange cats they are my fav

Kahshe Cottager said...

She is indeed a beauty and since she is ginger, I am not surprised that she may be a little .. er ... spicy tempered!

Have a wonderful weekend!
My Camera Critters Here and Here

Carletta said...

Seems like some Mama knew you would be a good caretaker!
She's adorable!
She looks a lot like my son and daugher-in-law's cat Jack.

Wonderful pictures!

Thanks for your visit to mine earlier.

Misty DawnS said...

She is very beautiful! What a great story. I really enjoyed this post.

Linda said...

Lovely cat photos. Can you cat get down from the tree? or does she need some assistance.
Thanks for visiting The Gardener Side

i beati said...

here too no respect for cats- some target practice they are lovely all the way sandy

Anonymous said...

Very awesome cat you have! I love her gingery color!

I joined Camera Critters, too! HERE is where I posted my entry. Happy weekends!

D... said...

She is quite pretty! How fortunate she is that she found your shed. :) You are so right, it's so hard to find good homes for kittens. I can't imagine not enjoying being a cat owner!

I played too.

Dianne said...

she's so beautiful! and look how she poses!

DrowseyMonkey-Photos said...

lol @ ooh-ooh snake dance, I've done that dance!

She is beautiful. She looks like a cat I had many years ago, Spices. He was a looker too.

Anonymous said...

She has very pretty coloring - I love her striped tail and the white under her chin. I laughed when you told about her tree climbing abilities :D

kris said...

what a sweetie she looks like! THanks for stopping by my blog!
kris

Anonymous said...

your sweet little girl so lucky to have a beautiful comforter, thanks for the visit..

Unknown said...

Yes kittens re indeed hard to give away. Looks like you did find a good home for them though :)

My critter is here

Michele said...

Looks so much like my Tomba... what a beautiful cat!! Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

She looks a lot like our cat we named Ming!

Anonymous said...

she's so adorable like a baby nice to hugssss and kissessss, awesome sweet little girl..

Kay said...

Truly a beautiful and adorable family member. She seems to have a lot of personality.

Janet said...

Glad you kept her. She's a gorgeous kitty.

Cliff said...

Cute cat. Good companions all, for sure. Good blogging here Lisa. Thanks.
oh yeah, congrats on the weight. keep it up.

MmeBenaut said...

They sure did find a good home Lisa! Little Yipper is gorgeous. Her eyes match her coat and I love her tail - the creamy colour at the tip. She is very very pretty.

Busy Mom in Iowa said...

Awww...pretty kitty!!

Forgetfulone said...

She's a beautiful cat! I love the picture of her up in the tree.

EG CameraGirl said...

Yipper and Ralph are very LUCKY critters, I'd say they found a very good home indeed.

Anonymous said...

That is a nice cat

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

VG: A cute story of the climbing Tiger/ Little Yipper.

Cátia said...

beautiful shots! nice

Jane Hards Photography said...

Te one up the tree, did it for me.

bcmomtoo said...

She's a very pretty kitty.

AppleDebbie said...

Little Yipper is a beauty! (And yes I do detect a bit of "catitude" in the bottom photo. Lol!)

Kelly said...

Little Yipper is gorgeous! I love her white coloring under mouth and neck! She's a sweetie and a beauty!!