Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weigh in day

The day is here again to pull the scale out of the closet and hop on. One of three things can happen on this day. One - you look down and when the needle finally stops you say "This damn scale is broken. I couldn't have gain that much." And you resist the urge to jump off and kick the thing because you know this could cause pain and you wouldn't be able to go for your walks. Two - the needle is in the same place as last week. You say, "This damn scale is broken. I know I had to lose something this past week. I even resisted the urge to have that candy bar even though I am craving chocolate." But then you start to think straight and tell yourself, "even though you didn't lose anything, you didn't gain." Three - the needle stops at a lower number then last week. You say, "I love this scale. It is working fine. Hippy. I lost more weight."

Did I ever mention that my lucky number is three. Yes folks, the needle went down. And it went down by three. Yes three more pounds lost for a now grand total of twenty-one, yes I said 21 pounds. HIPPY.

I am not one to try these fancy-dancy diets out there. I don't like most of the food they say to eat. Eat fish, fruits and vegetables. Don't eat beef, potatoes, pasta and so on. Well I say "Bah-humbug to that." I eat the same things I always eat just not as much of it. I have noticed though that I haven't eaten much starch this summer. It is just too hot to even think about making those mashed potatoes. So my diet has been chicken, which I love. Beef, veggies and salad. With the exception of last night, I have limited my pasta intake. I don't snack at night and if I am hungry, I will have a glass of milk.

So there you have it. Weigh in day has been a good one. Did I mention that I have lost 21 pounds. I have four pounds to go to cheat and treat myself to a slice of Chocolate Lovin' Spoon Cake. I think I will skip weigh in day that week.

8 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

Congratulations Miss "I have lost 21 pounds". That is one and a half stone. That's brilliant. I have only lost 5kgs which is 5 x 2.2 = 11 pounds. I think my scale is broken ...
If you go to my husband's blog today you will see evidence of how much more I have to lose!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! I think I'll join you.
My trick is to move the scale around on the floor - for some reason it shows different numbers in different spots.

Rachel said...

Applause!! Applause!!! Way to go!!!

Mary said...

GO LISA! You are losing the RIGHT WAY. No bothering with those fad diets. If we ate the way the researchers are telling us to, there'd be little left except lettuce.

I've lost weight before on lots of water, and walking every day. I had my Snickers bar every afternoon. But, for some reason, I did give up lots of starches.

Now I'm wondering where my good sense went...

Congrats. Keep it up.

Mary

bobbie said...

YEA!!! You're just doing great!
I'm losing took but Sooooo slowly. And I have a whole lot farther to go than you do. When I think of all those years when I couldn't get over 110 pounds no matter how hard I tried and I had a 24 inch waist. I've come a very long way, Baby, in the wrong direction.
But never mind me. Congratulations!

Kay said...

Congratulations! Good for you! I don't even have a scale yet. We left it in Illinois. I'd better put it on my list of things to buy.

nora leona said...

Yippeee! Congratulations - that is wonderful. I started blogging and gained 21 pounds.

My goal is to lose 25 pounds also. So far I'm at 6.

Dianne said...

I'm so pleased for you!!