Saturday, August 9, 2008

Camera Critters






I have decided to dedicate the next three weeks to my furry little feline babies. This week is my number one baby. I have had her for 12 years and she came to me when she was about four or five, so she is no spring chicken. Although sometimes she act like it. When I got her, her name was Smokey. After we got used to one another I promptly changed her name to Lovey. She is a little love. She loves to cuddle, love and be loved. She is a talker. Sometimes to much. Her favorite foods are turkey, chicken and cheese. When I have a turkey in the oven, and you can start to smell that mouth watering smell, she parks herself in front of the oven and just stares at me as much to say, "Well how come you are not feeding me. I smell it, it smells soooo good, I want some now."














She is still as beautiful today as in these pictures, a little thinner, but same bright eyes and always talking. She is having health problems now, especially with her stomach, but we get through each episode as they come. She is a little unsteady on her feet, but we deal with that too. I know time is running out for us, but as long as she fights the fight, I will fight with her and along side her. Because after all, she is my little love. My baby. And most of all, because I love her.


Please visit Camera Critters to see other furry babies or just some cute critters in general.

21 comments:

bobbie said...

Your baby is beautiful. But you already know that, don't you. And she knows how much you love her, and returns that love.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Sweet post about Lovey. My cats are getting older, too; just like me!

Nice Camera Critters post.

ratmammy said...

take care of lovey as long as you can! we lost our alice this january and it was tough. she was almost 17. but she fought the good fight, and did not complain even at the very end. I hope you and lovey have many more happy times together.

Dianne said...

I love seeing Lovey every time I open your site. There is is - on top - right where she belongs!!

It's tough when they age but Lovey sounds like she's doing well and of course you're the best Mom any furkid could have.

i beati said...

Lovey we have one too she looks good with Enya singing ,..sk

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovey does look like a wonderful cat. It's nice you have photos of her to cherish her forever.

AppleDebbie said...

Awww... what a touching post! Lovey is a beautiful kitty and I wish you many more happy years together. :)

Mom Knows Everything said...

She's beautiful!

Misty DawnS said...

What a beauty she is! What a special relationship you two have.

Linda said...

Lovey looks lovely.
Thanks for visiting The Gardener Side

me ann my camera said...

I know the pretty special love of a cat. We had a handsome furry character who ruled our house for years. Enjoy.

Rambling Woods said...

It's so hard when our pets get older. I had two senior cats with health problems..I hope that you and Smokey have many more wonderful days together... Happy Weekend. Michelle-
Rambling Woods

b13 said...

I love the patterns in cat's eyes. That second image is priceless.

Carletta said...

Love these!

It's so hard to see them with problems. We have an 18 year old cat that is so loving. He has to limp now and I know it isn't easy for him but he still goes although some days are better than others.

Kay said...

That's the cutest black cat I've ever seen.

Roan said...

I think it must be the week of the cat. Lovey seems like an appropriate name. Pretty kitty.

Mare said...

Pets meld right into our families and our hearts. I recently[June]lost my senior[18] cat.

Teena in Toronto said...

The second pic is funny :)

I played too :)

MmeBenaut said...

She is just gorgeous and very well loved! Congratulations on your weigh in! My scales aren't moving! Perhaps its because I haven't been moving very much and I gave in to the chocolate craving this week too. Well, I figured that I deserved it.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful kitty!

Gattina said...

What a little beauty ! My cat Lisa is also 17 years old and starts with little problems. She also is much skinner and meauws during nights. She had to get an anti depressive pill.
Why don't you join our group Cats on Tuesday ? It's for people who write once a week about their cats> Have a look !