Sunday, November 2, 2008

Award and weigh in day

Gretchen of Gretchen's Travel gave me this award. I love the meaning behind this. I have met many people that I consider friends through blogging. We become close through our words and pictures. Sharing the fun and heartaches. Our friends and family. Our good and bad moods.



So here is what this awards means:


To translate the gift from Portuguese to English, it means: "This blog invests and believes, the proximity" [meaning, that blogging makes us "close" - being close through proxy]. "They all are charmed with the blogs, where in the majority of its aims are to show the marvels and to do friendship; there are persons who are not interested when we give them a prize and then they help to cut these bows; do we want that they are cut or that they propagate?"



I generally rebel when it comes to the rules of passing onto others. But not this one. So today I am going to pass this along to.....

1. Bobbie - Almost There


2. Dianne - Forks Off The Moment


3. Mme - Mme Benaut Occasional Blog

4. Kay - Musings

5. Kelly - America As Seen By Kelly

6. Michele - Rocky Mountain Retreat



This list by no means are the only people I would like to pass this award onto. I offer this award to everyone who visits.



Thank you again Gretchen.



*************************************


Who would have thought that with me on vacation this past week, making a couple pumpkin cakes (and par-taking in some. Okay a lot of slices), pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, breakfast sandwiches and left over treat-or-treat candy. And I must not forget about last night. Last night I went to Cold Spring Village for their luminary walk. They open several of the buildings for tours. Each building offered something good to eat. The Welcome Center(c. 1894), cheese, pepperoni and crackers. Dennisville Inn(c. 1836), pulled pork sandwiches, potato chips and pickles. Spicer Leaming House(c.1800), chicken wings and celery sticks. And the Country Store (c.1722) desserts. That I wouldn't gain anything. Obviously I didn't lose anything, but woo-who I didn't gain anything either. Total weight loss still stands at 26 pounds.
**********************************
Well, that's about it for now. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and the extra hour.

13 comments:

bobbie said...

Lisa, thank you for this award. I know it means much to you, because you don't usually consider passing them on. - and it comes with a pretty little butterfly!

Thank you.

MmeBenaut said...

Thank you so much Lisa. I'm thrilled to receive it!

Kelly said...

Lisa, Thank you so much for this award! I am thrilled to receive it and it does have such a beautiful and meaningful translation! Thank you so much!!

Kelly said...

Hey Dopey,

It's Goofy again! I still can't find the 2nd MM??? Have you found them yet?

Goofy

Dianne said...

thank you Lisa. it is a beautiful award with lovely sentiment behind it and I appreciate it so much

I absolutely see you as a friend :)

and congrats on maintaining while enjoying a bit of the pumpkin. it's all that walking you do!!

Marla said...

Congrats on your award! I think that you have a great blog and I enjoy reading it! I really like your musice too!

Michele said...

Thank you Lisa... you are very thoughtful to include me in your list. I think the translation of this award is very thoughful indeed!!... thanks so much for this gift, my friend! =)
~Michele~

Kay said...

You really are such a wonderful friend, Lisa. I'm glad you're mine. Thank you for your lovely award!

Kay said...

You really are such a wonderful friend, Lisa. I'm glad you're mine. Thank you for your lovely award!

Cliff said...

Nice award indeed. I got stuck on the propagate deal.
Did you mean we should or shouldn't?

Rachel said...

Congratulations on the award!!

Way to go on the weight!

Gretchen said...

Glad you liked it. :)

Mary said...

Lisa, LOL! Did I see pulled pork sandwiches somewhere in this post? I'm licking my lips.

Congratulations on your award and holding that weight down!!!!