Sunday, November 23, 2008

An Award for my Friend

I really don't pass awards on and usually don't. I usually offer the award to everyone who visits and/or thinks someone would appreciate it.

I was visiting some blogs and came across an award that The Fishing Guy had received. He has a cool blog and wonderful pictures. Please visit him. I think you'll enjoy his blog. As soon as I saw the award, I thought of my friend Bobbie . One reason, she loves butterflies. The other, she has a cool blog.

Bobbie and I have been friends for quite awhile now. I met her when I started working at the Township. She taught me everything I know. I used to tell her that the house up the street from me would be perfect for her daughter Rita. Instead Bobbie moved in. It has been great. I call her just about everyday to seen how things are going and to rant if I had a bad day at work. Which happens quite a lot with the back stabbing idiots I work with. She has gotten me even more interested in birds, flowers and nature. The biggest thing she got me interested in is photography. When she talks about her pictures, there was something in her voice. Joy, happiness, contentment. To try and understand, I bought a digital camera. I now understand and thank her for this. We have gone on many outings together with cameras in hand. It is a lot of fun to be in the company of this wonderful lady. It is also a lot of fun to see what she took pictures of. She is a great photographer.

So with all this said and much more that I could say, I am awarding the "Butterfly Award 'For the coolest blog I ever know'" to my very good friend Bobbie.

8 comments:

Kay said...

I am awarding you every award that's ever been invented. Your blog is fabulous and I'm so glad you're part of my blogging family.

Dianne said...

I like Kay's enthusiasm and she's right!!

that is a beautiful award!! and Bobbie so deserves it.

I often think of how cool it would be to live closer to you guys. What a time we would have :)

Cliff said...

Nice. Very nice.

bobbie said...

Oh, Lisa! You are something else! I thank you for this beautiful award. You're right. The butterfly is lovely and I appreciate it very much.
I want to second Kay's comment. You deserve the awards. Even though we talk all the time and see one another, I love reading your blog, and especially love your photo blog. Do something with those pictures! They are professional quality. And then think about getting yourself a really good camera. They could be even better!!! But even without that, it's your eye and a quick finger on the shutter release that does it.

Thanks again, Lisa.

Jo Ann said...

I love your music choices...

Mary said...

"To try and understand, I bought a digital camera."

Go, Lisa!!! Carry it with you.

Hugs,
Mary

MmeBenaut said...

Lisa - here's a little story for you and Bobbie - a woman went to a fancy dress party as a butterfly. The guests were to come as whatever they would like to be in their next life. When asked why she chose the butterfly, the woman said: "So I can lay my eggs and then just fly away"!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rachel said...

That's wonderful!! I will have to check out her blog!