Friday, November 21, 2008

Snow. Or should I say slush

In my previous post I said how much I love this weather. Even the occasional snow. Well I think either my dad, mom or brother, or maybe all of them, may be having a bit of fun. Yesterday morning we had some snow showers. Very pretty. Didn't coat the ground. My kind of snow. Last night I was watching the weather channel and they were calling for some freezing rain and snow. A slushy accumulation of less than a 1/2 inch. This is why I don't like snow. We rarely get what I call real snow. You know the light fluffy stuff. We get the heavy wet snow that is a bitch to shovel and get off the car. When I went out this morning, it had started to snow. The heavy wet shit.

7 comments:

bobbie said...

I missed out yesterday, seeing the pretty snow shower. This morning I went out with the trash, and it was snowing - Did you ever see mid-air slush? I swear that's what it was. Fortunately it didn't lay.

Gretchen said...

We have about 4 inches of snow here. I'm not a winter fan. Hubby and the kids are getting anxious to hit the slopes. I'll hit the ski lodge, drink hot chocolate and read a good book.

Kay said...

I have to admit I really don't miss shoveling that wet snow stuff. That was back breaking. I loved the pretty fluffy stuff though and I miss it now.

Cliff said...

You can keep your stinking snow and slush to yourself. I hate it.
I saw on bobbie's blog (you know the one, the flaming liberal) well she has a pic of you hanging some curtains or blinds at her house and my wife has been after me to do that in our bedroom before Ralph and his wife come for a visit next week and well I was wondering if you make housecalls?
I'll buy your gas. Well, one tank full but that's about as far as I can go.

David said...

Had about 4 or 5 centimeters the other day. It stayed, and I had to shovel to avoid law suits from folks that want to climb to our door. I am not ready for this yet!!!

Michele said...

Ick... I hate that stuff... but then, I even hate the white fluffy stuff too because I don't drive... I walk everywhere... bah... go figure, I live in the Rocky Mountains... bwahahahaha! =)

storyteller said...

It’s hard to relate to snow or sleet since here in So Cal at the beach temperatures have been between 78 & 84 degrees for the last couple of weeks (with Santa Ana winds blowing) but for the last couple of days it’s been cooler … mid to high 60s. I’m just hoping for RAIN that been predicted for next week from Tuesday through Friday. We need it so much. I hope you get the ‘real white fluffy stuph’ for a White Christmas.
Hugs and blessings,