Monday, May 19, 2008

Internet frustration

As Bobbie has previously said, our internet is slow. I tried all day yesterday to visit blogs and other sites to no avail. The only thing that I was able to access with any speed was my e-mail. I ended up just turning the computer off. This morning I turned the computer back on and could not access the internet at all. Before I left for work I tried again. Hurray! I was able to get on the net and access some blogs and other sites.

A friend of mine stopped by Saturday. I asked him if he was having problems with his internet service. He said he wasn't, but he has a different provider. I have Verizon DSL. He said that it was possible that Verizon has so many new customers that they may need a larger server. Well if this is the case Verizon, get a bigger server.

Well thanks for the rant. Have a good day.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

You call that a rant!? where's all the cussing LOL

You know by now what I think of Verizon. I'll be polite since I'm a guest here. ;)

I wonder if anyone at Verizon knows what a server is?

Hope it improves soon. I know exactly how you feel.

I'm sending hugs. Hope they make their way down the lines sometime this year.

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Fine blog.
We are more and more "Internet dependant".
I've bvought a flat in the center of a middle size French town Troyes some months ago and I have to wait more than 3 months to get a telephone and ADSL line because some cables were cut in the street !
I've a better service in a small village Radonvilliers, 40 kilometers from Troyes, with less than 400 inhabitants where I live in a very small farm and I am connected to Internet via ADSL.

Kay said...

Thanks for the warning. I'll remember that when we get our DSL service in Hawaii.