Friday, May 30, 2008

Leaming's Run

Yesterday I went to Leaming's Run. This is a place that has winding trails, gardens and flower gardens. If you need to be alone and take in the beauty of nature, this is the place to go. This sign was in the beginning of the walk.

You walk along the path and it will open up into a beautiful garden.




The Sweetheart Garden




All along the paths there is this scent. The only way I can described it is heavenly.




Of course they have some animals. There was this big one and two little ones.
They came over to the fence, but the little ones kept their distance.


Cool looking turkey.

The peacock's plumage was beautiful.
These guys were the funniest thing. While walking you could hear their cock-a-doodle-doo's. Sometimes toward the end of their calls, it sounded like their battery was running low. It would sound like cock-a-doodle-errrrr.

There wasn't a sign on this to say what breed it was. I thinks he/she is soft looking.

Golden Campines

Partridge Cochin
He had pretty colored feathers.

Silver Spangled Hamburgs

Sultan

Toward the end of the walk is the lake and gazebo.
I just thought that this was beautiful.


There is another path that leads back to the parking lot. I'm walking along taking in the sights and something catches my eye. I glance behind me and what's there. A SNAKE. Here I am "OOH, OOH, OOHing, not even able to move for a minute. Then common sense kicked in and I started walking briskly for the parking lot remembering the sign in the beginning, "Why are you hurrying?"

3 comments:

bobbie said...

I know you enjoyed your time at Leaming's, especially since it was fairly quiet and uncrowded. That's the way I like it too. I'll be happy when the newly planted gardens begin to fill in, and are full of butterflies and hummingbirds. Your pictures are really nice. I don't recall the rhododendron in bloom.

Dianne said...

Beautiful photos Lisa, just beautiful!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Beautiful pictures!! This looks like a fantastic place!