Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yesterday morning when I was leaving for work this was the view I had. It was so pretty, I didn't want to leave.



I haven't spoken of my baby in a while. She has been doing good lately. She has been eating more then what she has in the past. Even with all she's been eating, she is only weighs about six or seven pounds. She has always been a small cat. When she is next to Ralph or Tiger, she looks so tiny. I can't get over the size of the cats in Pet Smart. Once when I was there I got to talking to a couple who were also looking at the cats. I was commenting on how big they were compared to my cat. The wife asked me how much my cat weighed. I told her and she started to laugh. She told her husband and he laughed. Not wanting to be left out of the joke I asked what was so funny? Their cat weighed 30 pounds. Good grief. What do they fed it. I took this picture of her last night.


The Cooper's Hawk hasn't left the perch for long. Maybe a couple hours at a time. The mate has been around more and more.

Yesterday morning both were flying around. I couldn't get a good picture of them because the sun was behind them.

I did manage to get this picture.

Yesterday afternoon I was out on my back deck and both were just soaring in the wind. I can't zoom in really close without the picture being grainy, but here they are in their glory.


Today the weather was rainy and damp. This is getting old for me and I am sure a lot of other people. We have one or two sunny days and then in comes the clouds, rain and wind. Well anyway, when I left work, I looked over to see if the hawk resumed his spot. He had with his mate.


Here they are a little closer.


This isn't a very good picture, but I like it.


The swallows are doing good. Both pairs out back are doing well. I haven't checked on the ones out front, but I am sure they are doing well too. I cannot wait until there are babies.
A formal police officer and his wife came in to see me today. When he came down to my office he said "Your moving up. This was the Chief's office." I said "I'm not moving up. I'm moving away." We talked for a little while. He started reminiscing about when the police department was in my building. He said that the office my boss is in was the captains office. The chief suffered a heart attack in his office. The captain seeing this yelled "Someone call 911." They said "we are 911." We started to laugh. The chief was fine and lived many more years after. He and my mom used to play speed bingo together.
Well it is time for me to go. I have to getting ready to watch Dancing with the Stars. As much as I love Jason, (he is one handsome man), it is time for a woman to win that mirror ball trophy, so I really want Kristi to win. Have a good night.

4 comments:

Kay said...

Your cat doesn't look underweight to me. What a pretty cat!

Dianne said...

My Mia is about 6 pounds, she was less when I got her.

Siren is almost 10 pounds.

As long as she's eating don't worry. I can still feel Mia's bones right under her skin but she looks and acts happy and healthy.

Love all your photos.

It just this moment got very dark and windy. I too am sick of the fall/spring back and forth. Very confusing :)

MmeBenaut said...

Your baby is even tinier than my burmese baby, Sascha who weighs 5 kg (x 2.2 pounds to the kilo). She must be like a feather to lift. Anyway, she looks beautiful.

nora leona said...

Baby cat is beautiful, my black cat is very slim also.
I love hearing about the history of buildings. Thanks for sharing.