Sunday, July 6, 2008

I haven't talked about the swallows for a while so here is an update. There were four in the first nest, but only three survived. They grew so fast and over one weekend left the nest. When I would go out for a smoke, one would swoop in really close to me and then verve off. I told Bobbie that it was one of the babies paying me back for always having my camera in their face. The second nest only produce one chick and soon left that nest. The third nest, which I thought did not produce a viable egg, has produce three.

(Here is momma and one of the babies.)

On Friday I was going into my laundry room and my cat was in the window. I couldn't resist taking a picture.

(I always keep my blinds closed in the summer.)
(Her paw.)
This walking things has become very addicting for me. I went to Cape May Point again yesterday. When I went to park, there was a little boy sitting on a parking bumper holding a toy fishing rod. He got up and started reeling in the line. Intrigued I watch. Here he had a small plastic basket, held up by a stick and the fishing line was tied to the stick. Get this, there was a carrot in there. He was hoping to catch one of the bunnies. He did not succeed, but he had fun.
Yesterday was another hazy day and there was that smell. I don't know if the wildfires are still burning in North Carolina or not, but it sure did look and smell that way.
One the way to the beach, I past a lake and this Egret struck a pose.
I love the reflection.
(Cape May Lighthouse from a path.)
(Cape May Lighthouse from the beach.)


(I think these are red honeysuckle, but I'm not sure.)

(Baby bunny.)

(Is anyone coming? I hear the grass is greener on the other side.)

(Ready. Set. Cross.)
The next series of pictures is from my walk on the beach.


(The ocean seems calmer tonight.)


(but it had it's moment's.)


(This seagull looked so lonely. It was almost like he was waiting for his true love to come home.)
While I was walking back, there was a man and his son surf fishing. The little boy of about three or four was holding the fishing rod. I got my camera ready to take the picture, but then thought differently. I didn't feel right taking this picture. As I got closer the dad started to hoop and holler. Here the little boy caught a sand shark. The dad was alive with excitement and the little boy could have cared less. The dad was yelling to his wife to get the camera and take the picture. I was laughing. What a picture that would be.
I decided to just stand there on the beach and watch the ocean and let the waves crash over my legs. It felt good. There was a couple, which the wife looked to be about eight month pregnant and looking uncomfortable. The husband decided that it would be cool to have his picture taken in the surf. Well it was all I could do not to laugh. He was so worried that a big wave would come along and get him or get his pants wet, that I don't think the wife was able to get a good shot. I have to say that the people on the beach there are not as friendly as they are at the ferry, but they are funnier to watch. People watching in another hobby of mine.
Like I said before, I am enjoying these walks, but a problem is starting to arise. There feels like there is a rock in the ball of my left foot and causing some discomfort. I am thinking that it may be getting time to have it looked at. I'm not one for doctors, not that anyone is really, but it just seems like when you go and they find out how old you are, they want to do this and that. If I wanted this and that done, I would have gone there and asked. All I want is for the doctor to look and fix what I went there for. I guess for now I'll do what I normally do. Ignore it and hope it will go away.
On that note I will leave you with this. I was reading a Woman's World magazine this afternoon and in the "A Moment for You" was this:
"You're "just right" just the way you are!"
"So many of us think we need fixing. But there's so much about you that doesn't! In fact, self-acceptance will bring you more love, happiness and success than self-improvement! So forgive your "flaws", move past any missteps, look at mistakes as life's bloopers and take pride in your strengths. You're already special-----no makeover required!" (Author unknown)

8 comments:

bobbie said...

I love the pictures you are taking on these walks. Mr. Rabbit is pretty darned cute, sitting up like that, and running across the boardwalk. The surf and the lighthouse - just great. (I like your rocks in your previous post too.)
Oh, and I believe that's trumpet vine rather than red honeysuckle.
Keep walking. And keep taking pictures.

Dianne said...

If you go to a foot doctor he'll leave the rest of you alone ;)

I assume you have really good supportive walking shoes? I often walk in sandals and get a whole assortment of problems when I do.

Your photos are wonderful!

MmeBenaut said...

All of these photos are wonderful. I can tell from them just how much you are enjoying your walks.
Go to see a podiatrist (foot doctor). Regular doctors aren't very good with this type of problem. I suspect that they will tell you to rest your foot for a while, sweetheart.

Ralph said...

Those are great pictures. I have always liked lighthouses.
Ralph

Rose said...

I enjoyed this entire post...and all the pictures. I had to laugh at your cat. They are the greatest.

nora leona said...

Yeah, what everyone else said! Great photographs and post.
I needed that lesson at the end too.

Raven said...

What a wonderful walk. Thanks for taking us along. That bunny is too cute. Wonderful quote at the end.

I hope your foot feels better. I don't like doctors either.

Kay said...

Thanks for taking us on your walk with you. I loved reading the story of your walk. What fun!