Sunday, July 13, 2008

Yes. I am taking you back to Cape May Point. There are so many interesting sights to see. The ocean waves are always different, but so relaxing. The sunset's are spectacular. The park itself always holds something new. And yes, the best part, weight loss.

Swans, ducks and seagulls.

We have a couple of Whale Watcher boats that take people out in the hopes of seeing a whale. More times than not, they see dolphins. Whenever they are close to shore, I am on the look-out. I know that there are dolphins. This was the case the other day. There were several pods in the area. The next two pictures are my attempt at taking their picture.



Sorry. This was the best I could do with my camera.
Thursday and Friday was very hot. This surprised me because there is always an ocean breeze and quite comfortable. One thing I noticed is the sky is even more beautiful.

(lifeguard stand)

(just the view down the beach)
After I left the Point, I drove around Lily Lake and came across a group of Canadian Geese.
Of course I took many pictures, but I liked this one because he seemed so proud and protective of the others.


I have know idea what this thing is, but the waves kept hitting it and creating a beautiful spray.

(I just think this is awesome)




How can you not enjoy this. The wave was receding and it looked like diamonds shimmering on the sand.



I have discovered that they have a water fountain there to wash sand off your feet and legs. After, I walked up toward the museum and the butterfly garden.

This is only a small portion of their butterfly garden. It is quite large and beautiful, but I love these little ponds.
Yesterday I had some errands to run in the morning. On my way back by the airport, I looked up because there is usually some interesting birds flying around. Guess what was flying around? A Bald Eagle.
Yes I know. This is a bad picture, but I promise you it is a Bald Eagle. Can you see the white tail?

I went for my walk and the current was kind of scary. As you can see, the ocean was flat, but the swells and waves on shore were powerful. A couple of times the waves would just crash and be up to my knees, which I generally like, but not yesterday. The current was so strong if felt like it would pull me out. I guess the strong currents are from hurricane Bertha.

As I was walking back, I noticed a disturbance in the ocean. I kept walking and watching. Next thing a dolphin comes flying out of the water. Unfortunately, it was to far away for me to get a picture. What was really fun is there were two pods doing the same thing. Me and several others just stood there for about a half hour watching.
As I was walking back and over the dune I noticed a familiar car. Turned out Bobbie had come down. It was good to see her. I am always asking her if she would like to go down with me, but I am usually there for a couple hours and she goes to bed early. I sometimes think I get on her nerves asking so much, but I just want to share the experience. So yesterday was my lucky day.
On the way home, the sunset was just gorgeous.

(This is Lily Lake)
I have many more pictures of the Point and sunsets on my flickr site. So if you get bored, hop on over, my URL is on my sidebar.
I went food shopping this morning. Not one of my favorite things to do. Hell I don't like shopping in general. Well anyway, I bought a roast. Cut it up into four sections and while washing the knife managed to put a 1/2 slice in my thumb. Did anyone hear me yelling, shit-damn-fuck? It looked worst then what it really was, but it hurt like hell when I did it. Don't know why I brought it up really. Just me rambling.

My foot isn't any better or worse. Most days it hurts and other not so much. I dread the thought of going to the doctor's and him telling me I must rest it. I am having to much fun with my walks. And let me just mention that I have lost two more pounds for a total of 18 pounds. Yippee. I think when I hit the 25 pound mark, I am going to blow the diet and have me a slice of Chocolate Lovin' Spoon cake. Yum.

7 comments:

Dianne said...

the lifeguard chair photo is stunning and so is the sunset but really they're all beautiful

bobbie said...

No, my dear, you do not get on my nerves.
18 pounds! That is really terrific! I've lost a few more myself, but I have a lot farther to go than you do.

MmeBenaut said...

Brilliant Lisa - the photos and the commentary. That was quite a day. I'm sorry about your thumb though.

MmeBenaut said...

PS Congratulations on the next 2 lbs!!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Hi Lisa,

Wow! What beautiful pictures. I especially love the pictures of the waves crashing against the giant "bowl" and the shimmering sun. This looks like a beautiful place to spend some time.

Congratulations on the weight loss. I need to lose weight, but can't seem to break through the barrier yet.

Kay said...

What beautiful photos of a beautiful area. They also look like great Sky Watch photos.

Kay said...

What beautiful photos of a beautiful area. They also look like great Sky Watch photos.