Saturday, July 5, 2008

When I was a little girl, my dad, mom and I would sometimes go to the ferry. The ferry is basically an area by the mouth of the canal and Delaware Bay where the ferry does dock, but this is also an area where people gathered and just bullshit or fish from the rock pile. We never fished from the rock pile, but one of my favorite things to do was walk to the end.

This rock always amazed me. It looked like someone poured gas on it and set it on fire. Last week I decided to go to the ferry and walk the rocks and this rock continues to amazes me.

A couple of week's ago I started to notice that my work shirts were a little looser then before. I decided to weigh myself. This is something that does not happened often. I looked at the scale in disbelief. I got off and readjusted the scale and got back on. Well I be damned. I had lost weight. Trying to think back to what I weighed when I last weighed myself, I had lost about ten pounds. I was trying to think how this could be. I haven't really changed my food intake and the only exercise was when I was out taking pictures. So I decided that I would continue the picture taking and incorporate some exercise into it. So I have been going to the ferry and taking walks on the beach and to the end of the rock pile. The following are some of the pictures from these walks.

To my surprise, there were two ducks in the bay.

Very relaxing listening to the surf.
Last week at our airport they had an acrobatic plane show. These guys were amazing the aerial maneuver's that they could do. The guy in this plane, Wes, was nice enough to answer some questions for me.

I love bi-planes.
I had went to the airport the night before. The security guard was nice enough to let me and several other people into the hanger where they kept some of the planes. There must have been 25 to 30 planes in this hanger. It was amazing how they were just all crammed in there.

This is the cockpit of a bi-plane. You have to be a pretty small person to fit in there.



This guy was pretty funny. When I first notices him I was like, "What the hell is he doing?" Then I realized that he was imagining his flight. I watched him a bit longer before turning my attention back to the show.



I still continued with my walks on the bay, but the tides were turning. What I mean is the tide was extremely high and there was very little beach to walk on. When I got back I didn't walk on the rocks. There were a lot of people on the rock pile fishing, but for me the tide was to high.




I couldn't resist taking this picture. This boy just cracked me up the way he was standing there.
This is one picture to show how high the tide was.

You can bearly make out the rock pile on the other side of the canal.
I started checking out the tide chart for high tide. As it turned out, high tide would be when I would get there, so I decided to go to Cape May Point. As soon as I got out of my car I could not believe how loud the ocean was. The surf was just pounding on the beach. The next couple of pictures are of the ocean.


After this walk on the beach, I took some trails. At one of the lakes there were a lot of geese. Then came the ducks.

I love this picture. I call it "following the leader".


There were a lot of bunnies just grazing on the grass. I guess they are used to people because that didn't shy away to easily. When I was walking back to the car, there was a frog. A tiny little thing. I had my camera away already and by the time I got it out, the frog and hopped in the grass. All I can say is I have never seen a frog so small.
By the way, my weight loss is now 15 pounds. I have realized that I am not eating as much starchy foods. So I am going to continue on the way that I have been and see what happens.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I love Cape May. It's so pretty there. The pictures are awesome and I like the little boy best.

And congrats on the 10 lbs!!!!!!
wooohooo for you!!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Dianne said...

I like the little boy too! He is King of the World :)

congrats on the weight loss and what a fun and healthy way to do it.

bobbie said...

I really love your pictures, Lisa.

If I could get Hugo up there, I might join you, but I don't think he'd like the sand and rocks much. Keep it up. You'll be slim and trim before you know it.

MmeBenaut said...

More fabulous photos! I love them all. Flying aerobatic manoevres takes incredible concentration and split second timing so reflexes need to be immediate. I always admire those pilots. I used to fly myself, just single engine, small planes but it makes me appreciate the skill even more.
You're lucky to have such beautiful places for your walks and we're lucky that you take your camera!

nora leona said...

Great way to get the walks in without making it seem like a chore. Congratulatons.