Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Grrrr.. Some body

So I'm in line dance class Monday night and talking with one of the girls, J. She told me that on Saturday she went to Cape May's Oktoberfest on Jackson Street. She said she went at noon time and was only going to stay for a couple of hours. She said she left at 8:00 PM. Good grief. What did she do there for eight hours. I told her that Ocean City is having there block party this Saturday. Big Mistake. She started asking me if I was going? At what part of the Block Party do I enter for the craft show? Where I park? etc. Uh Oh. She is inviting herself. Mind you I don't mind going places with people, but not to these type of events. I hate to shop. When I shop, I know what I want, get it and leave. I don't window shop nor do I browse.



So here is what transpired.



J. - Are you going? I'll met you there?

M. - Yes. I am going, but I do not spend a lot of time there. I get there when it starts and I am gone in a couple of hours. (I didn't want to tell her that when I leave there I go to West Cape May for the Lima Bean Festival.)

J. - What street do you enter Ocean City?

M. - I don't know.

J. - What street do you turn onto?

M. - I don't know. J - I know how to get there. I don't know the names of the streets.

J. - What street do you turn onto?

M. - I do not know. I do not know the names of the streets. I just know how to get there.

J. - Well what is the name?

M. - I do not know. When I go into Ocean City, I keep going until I see a gas station on my left and a garden center on my right and turn left.

J. - Well, what's the name?

M. - I DO NOT KNOW. There is a gas station on the left and a garden center on the right. Whatever the name of the street is where these two businesses are located, that is the street I turn onto. (I am now starting to get pissed.)

J. - What way do you enter Ocean City?

M. - I don't know. I don't know the names of the streets. I just know how to get there. I think it is 34th Street, but I don't know for sure.

J. - Well where do start at the craft show?

M. - At the beginning. (Now I am pissed.)

J. - Do you start at 9th Street?

M. - Is that when you enter Ocean City and there is a Wawa and Acme? (She looked at me puzzled and I had an inner laugh. Now I am getting to her.)



AHHH. The class started and she walked away.



After class, she started again.



J. - What time to you get there?

M. - At the starting time.

J. - What street to you park on?

M. - The same street I turn on?

J. - Where on the street do you park?

M. - Where ever there is a parking space that I can fit into.

J. - Is it a wide street you turn onto?

M. - Yes.

J. - That's New Road.

M. - Okay. If you say so.

J. - Now where do you park?

M. - (Now I am really pissed off. Really. How many times do I have to say the same things.) I DON'T KNOW. WHERE EVER THERE IS A SPACE. IF I AM CLOSE TO THE BEGINNING, I PARK THERE. IF NOT I DRIVE AROUND UNTIL I FIND A SPOT. I DO NOT KNOW THE NAMES OF THE STREETS. I JUST KNOW HOW TO GET THERE. AND I DO NOT SPEND A LOT OF TIME THERE. I GO. I LOOK. I LEAVE BEFORE IT GETS TO CROWDED.



Now she is mad at me. Well good.





I told a couple of friend's this story. They couldn't believe it. They said that they think the name of the street is Wesley Avenue. Now my curiosity has gotten the better of me. So out came the map. Well the name is not New Road. Nor is it Wesley Avenue. It is West Road. Does it really matter? NO.



So this doesn't really mean anything. I was just thinking about it and thought I would share it. Aren't you glad I did?

9 comments:

Dianne said...

I was wondering Lisa - what street do you turn on to?

Kelly said...

Now, what street do you park on and what time should I meet you there? Oh, I know, I'll just come by and pick you up or better yet, why don't you just drive down here to Oklahoma and pick me up!!??? What??? You can't??? You don't want too??? Darn!!!! :)

Hang in there, she just likes you!! This was a great story!!

Mary said...

Diane made me laugh.

I loved this story. It's real emotion that we all have, you know.

Mary

Cliff said...

This gal wrote 'who's on first' for Abbott and Costello didn't she?
This was great. Now, if I were you I wouldn't go for fear that you might run into her.
Line dancing class? So can you get some 'girl' pictures from the class for your other blog?
ps. I'm going to keep bringing this up until you react.
:}

Cliff said...

This gal wrote 'who's on first' for Abbott and Costello didn't she?
This was great. Now, if I were you I wouldn't go for fear that you might run into her.
Line dancing class? So can you get some 'girl' pictures from the class for your other blog?
ps. I'm going to keep bringing this up until you react.
:}

bobbie said...

Cliff is right. (And how often do I day that?) It sounds like an Abbott and Costello routine.

MmeBenaut said...

Now there's a girl who doesn't listen!!

Gretchen said...

Woman sounds like she needs help.

Kitty said...

There are tears leaving my eyes. You kill me. Did you ask her what she did at the Oktoberfest for all those hours...and who drove her ass home??