Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weigh in day & etc.

Woke up this morning in a good mood, until I got on the freaking scale. I think the damn thing is broken. Well I know it's not, but it went up. Not by one, but two. I gained two pounds this week. Why is it so easy to put weight on, but hard to take it off? Why couldn't I be one of these people who can eat whatever they want and not gain an ounce? (You know who you are. My friend's daughter is one of them. Skinny little bitch. Just kidding. I love my friend's daughter. She is a sweet lady. But she eats anything and everything and is still about a hundred pounds wet.) Anyway, I guess the battle of weight is in the gene's. Lucky me. No really. I love who I am. I am comfortable with who I am. I would just like to be a bit thinner.



I knew this would happen. With the cooler weather brings starchy food's. I love potatoes, pasta and rice. And not only that, but Halloween is right around the corner and that brings candy. As a matter of fact, I bought candy for treat-or-treat night today. Let's just see how much is left when the big night comes.

So total weight loss 23 pounds.

************************************
So the past couple of days I notices my baby scratching more than normal. Then I noticed fleas. Oh boy. The attack is on. Vacuuming several times at day. Washing all the throw rugs.
I gave my baby a bath today. Good thing she doesn't have front claws. I was able to get some fleas off of her. Then I combed her and got even more off her. I went to one of the pet shops for some flea medicine. I had used this once before many years ago and she got sick from it. I said I would never use it again, but unfortunately I have to. So I got the kitten formula. For cats nine pounds and less. The lady in the store said she uses it on her 20 year old cat. She said I could put a could of drops on her today, wait a few days and continue with more. So I will give this a try.
My baby seems more comfortable right now. Not scratching as much. Hopefully I can nip this in the bud before it gets out of control.
***********************************
Yesterday I went Cold Spring Village for the Halloween parade. I was a judge for this parade several times, but have since declined whenever asked again. There are so many excellent costumes that it is hard to choose a winner. This year was no exception. As a matter of fact, this would have been the hardest year. A lot of great costumes. A lot of thought was put in the costumes. A lot were homemade.
I was standing in front of the funnel cake table. One of the workers is my friend and co-worker. She was yelling "fresh hot funnel cakes". At one point she asked me to yell it. Well I yelled it alright. However, it didn't come out quite right. There are a lot of F's in this one little sentence. No, that word didn't come out, but darn close to it. We all started to laugh and I said it may not be a good idea if I tried again. She agreed. It is a family event you know.
I came across another friend and co-worker there with her granddaughter. Her granddaughter was in the parade last year and I took their picture and gave a copy to them. I took their picture again this year. I can't wait to give her the pictures. They turned out really good. I would love to post them here, but I am funny about putting pictures of other people without their permission.
***********************************
Well I have gabbed enough for now. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

3 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

Those damned scales! I hardly ever weigh myself because I just get depressed and reach for the chocolate! I put back half the weight I lost before our trip and the doctor called me back in to tell me that my cholesterol is through the roof and I would have to live on a diet of lettuce leaves to get it back down. No chocolate!! (Well I did indulge just a little after I bought some Toblerone at Kuala Lumpur airport). So, another test coming up after I spend a week eating fruit and no chocolate.

As for the fleas - I use one called "Advantage". Two drops on the back of the neck where the cat can't lick. Kills all the little buggers in a few hours. I do all of my cats once a year, in the flea season. I have one cat that is allergic to fleas, she comes up in welts wherever she is bitten so she has to be carefully watched. Good luck Lisa!

Dianne said...

I nhope the baby is feeling better - damn fleas, they should get a home of their own

some how I can't picture you ever slipping out the f word lol

Gretchen said...

There's a cartoon on my page of how to correctly weigh yourself. Check it out. :)

Sorry about the fleas. They are horrid creatures!

The Halloween parade sounds like a blast. It's my favorite holiday and I always dress up to take the kids out trick-or-treating or just walking around. Yes, I'll be a witch again. Why change my normal clothes? :)