Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weigh in Day & hodge podge

Nothing to report for weigh in day. Same as last week. No loss. No gain. Hanging in there at 25 pounds lost.

********************************
Went to Ocean City's block party yesterday. Well, it really isn't so much a block party as it is a craft show. It is ten blocks with crafters lined up on both sides of the street. Inner mixed with the crafters are food vendor's.
In my last post I talked about J. and the interrogation she put me though about where I park. What street I turn on etc. Well I can tell her now. 34th Street to West Avenue. Left on West Avenue to 14th Street. Find a place to park and walk to the begin of the show. I don't want to sound mean, but I lucked out. She wasn't there. I don't think I could have handle a couple hours of her company.
When I was leaving, I met my contractor's. They are a husband and wife team. Their son also works with them. They did the addition to my house. (I'll talk about that another time.) Anyway, we got talking and he said he would be over one day this week to go over my newest adventure. Not an adventure really. I want to extend my back deck and add windows to my existing back deck to keep the rain off me and the kittens. I can't wait.
After I left Ocean City, I went to West Cape May's Lima Bean Festival. What can I say about the Lima Bean Festival? Well this is more of a big yard sale with a few crafters added to the mix. Most of the food is made, obviously with lima beans. I past one table that had bake good made from limas. Now I love lima beans, but not in desserts. My favorite is lima bean soup. As always, it was delicious. I don't know why, but this is one soup I don't have any luck making. Anyone have a good recipe?
I came home and started housework. I was folding towels when Bobbie called. She told me to go outside and look at the moon and then turn and look the other way. Oooh! How beautiful. She drugged me kicking and screaming (Just kidding. I drug her), down to the bay to take pictures and take in the beautiful sunset. Her pictures turned out better then mine and I am sure she will be posting some.
From all the walking, I woke up with a very sore foot. I guess the cortisone has worn off. I go back to the foot doctor Tuesday and I guess go from there. (There were too many "guesses" in there for my taste.)
******************************
I was going to Rio Grande to food shop this morning. When I past the Wawa here in Villas, regular gas was $2.89. When I got to Rio Grande, it was $2.86. Why is this? They are about four miles apart. It is the same gas. Delivered by the same tanker. I'm sure if I went to Wildwood and North Cape May, they would have been different prices. I just don't get it.
Another thing I don't get. Why is the price of food so high? Before they said it was the price of gas. But what is the excuse now? I use stick margarine for baking. It used to be $0.89 and when on sale $0.69. Now it is $1.19. Canned veggie's used to be $0.89. Now it is $0.94. I needed pasta. Store brand used to be $0.99 and now is $1.19. A name brand was on sale for $0.79. Right up my alley. Just out of curiosity, I looked at the price of wheat pasta. Good Grief. It was more than $3.00. I feel sorry for people who really eat healthy foods. It must cost a fortune to eat. Well enough of that.
*********************************
I don't have anything more to say except, I hope everyone had a good weekend. Oh, and Cliff if you are reading this, I have added a picture of a girl to my photo blog for you. :)

3 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, my husband does the grocery shopping. Down here, grocery prices are way higher...one pound of White American deli cheese - $7.00!

Yeah, gas prices are down almost overnight. We are being yanked around in this country!

Lima beans - yum. Dried lima bean and ham soup is the BEST!

Don't worry about the plateau - you'll lose a few pounds when you least expect it.

bobbie said...

Mary is right about the plateau. Just keep up what you're doing.

As to prices - You know I don't like to eat. It's hard enough just to make myself decide what to eat. When I go shopping and see the prices, I just want to quit altogether. Anything at all tempting is just out of sight.

Cliff said...

Lima Bean Festival?? Now that's funny. But on the other hand our little town has a sweetcorn festival.
I've been to your Girl Photo Blog. Neat stuff. I didn't know you were a babe.
Uh,,and you are a prolific blogger as of late. Keep it up Lisa.