Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown & DWTS

I just finished watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." Is it me or does anyone else find this show cruel? Lucy calling her brother "stupid and block head". Being nasty to Charlie Brown. Charlie Brown only getting rocks when treat-or-treating.



Bobbie and I were talking about it this afternoon. We both agree that the part with Snoopy playing the "Red Baron" is kind of violent.



This is a cartoon for the children. I just think that children shouldn't watch this. Every year I watch this and every year I feel the same way. I'll never learn.



********************************


I have to say that Halloween is my favorite holiday. I like the decorations, the scary shows, the unexplained. What I enjoy most is the treat-or-treaters. Not that I getting many. If I get ten, it is a good year.


I love the little ones. One year, I heard my gate open. I went to the door to wait. I heard the father said, "Now when the door is opened, say 'treat-or-treat'". I opened my door to the cutest little witch, who promptly said, "I need candy." How can you not enjoy this? I laughed. The dad was embarrassed and apologized. No need.


Halloween has really changed a lot over the years. But haven't all the holiday's. The real meaning of the holiday's are long gone. They have become reasons to party. They have become commercialized. What a shame.


*******************************


Now for Dancing with the Stars. Last night was Cloris Leachman last night. Sorry Dianne, but I am glad. Don't get me wrong, she is a great entertainer and did great for her age and I really enjoyed watching her antics. But when someone like Toni Braxton (last week was her last) is gone, something is wrong. I know Cloris stayed longer because of the public vote. Well this week the public spoke.


Let's just hope that come election day, the public votes based on the candidate they feel will lead this country. Help this country. Not because of race, age, past friendships, middle name or any other lame excuse that doesn't have anything to do with the job ahead of them.

6 comments:

bobbie said...

The Villas Girl, talking politics!!!

And I say AMEN to your last paragraph

Dianne said...

LOL at you apologizing!!

I think Cloris could have stayed through Lucci then it would be time. Toni and Lucci are just so boring and really not that good, especially when you compare their ages.

BUT it's all good my friend.

I loved how Cloris left. Especially when she let Carrie Ann off the hook for her terrible comment.

So who is your favorite?

I'm in love with Warren!!

Marla said...

I am not going to be home on Halloween this year. I am going to stay late into the evening at work. I usually have 60-70 trick or treaters. My grandson won't be trick or treat this year, he is growing up. My dog Rocky would bark and race to get out the door every time someone would stop by. My hubby always helped to keep him away from charging the door and without him, I just don't feel like fighting the dog all night long.

Kay said...

I am 100% behind you all the way to November 4th!

Reader Wil said...

I agree with you that cartoons shouldn't be cruel or violent. Kids are beginning to think that this is a normal attitude.Halloween sounds like fun! We don't celebrate it here in the Netherlands
So you saw a bat in my slide!

Gretchen said...

Nah, Peanuts have been around for decades. We all grew up with it and we all know people like her. Kids are cruel and nothing we say can change that fact. Peanuts is about childhood. Can't see Snoopy as the Red Baron being violent either. Guess I was just warped watching horror movies as a kid? :)

Happy Halloween!!