Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby Swallows

First, let me say sorry. Now that I have baby swallows, I will be posting a lot about them. So here is today's update. Mme Benaut Occasional Blog you are correct. There are more than two swallows in nest one. Today mom and dad were feeding them and four little heads popped up. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera ready to get a picture of this. One of the swallows from the second nest flew in and they started to feed their little one(s). This nest is up to high and is to deep to be able to see anything just yet, but there are babies in there too. Now I have to wait and see what the third nest produces. The parents of nest one are amazing. They now spend most of their day tirelessly flying around, catching bugs and feeding the babies. I will have to check the two nests out front tomorrow and see what is going on there. This is so exciting. More to come.

4 comments:

Kay said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the swallow pictures.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Good morning, Lisa!
I can't wait to see! This is exciting!

Dianne said...

I'm excited too!!

MmeBenaut said...

Hee hee - and then there were four ... looking forward to the new photos.