Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ospreys & Hereford Inlet Gardens

My friend's husband takes beautiful pictures. Last year she brought in one of the pictures he took of an Osprey. It is beautiful and hilarious. This year he took more and they are just as good or better. My friend said that the nest was along North Wildwood Blvd. I happened to be on North Wildwood Blvd. earlier in the week and spotted the nest and was surprised at how close to the road it was and you could see the female osprey and some babies in the nest. Yesterday I called Bobbie and asked her if she would like to go. Of course she said yes.

When we got there, both parents were in the nest. When I got out of the car to get closer to the nest the male took flight. While I was taken pictures of the nest, the male was soaring over head. I hadn't realized this until I was headed back to the car. Here are two pictures of him.











The female was not happy at all that I was close to her babies. I can't blame her, she has three beautiful babies.













I love this picture. Everyone appears to be looking over the nest like there is something down there.











I love this picture also. It looks like she is having a bad hair day.

After we reluctantly left the nest we went to Hereford Inlet.

While Bobbie and I were enjoying ourselves wandering in the gardens, people were basking in the sun on North Wildwood beach. Even though I am born and raised here, I don't see the fascination with the beach. I think that it is boring just laying there getting baked by the sun. To each their own.

Welcome to Hereford Inlet Gardens




(Even the fly had to partake in the afternoon)


(that is Bobbie's legs and feet you see in the arbor. She sat down to take in the beauty of the gardens.)

(Ugh. It is so exhausting eating corn and lounging around in the trees all day.)







(I came across this squirrel just hanging out in another tree. It was a cute thing, but what's up with the tail?)





(Female Mallard)
This was a very good day. The Osprey's were great. Hereford Inlet Gardens were peaceful. It was nice to see such colors and to smell heavenly scents. I think a good day was had by all. Make sure you stop and see Bobbie. She is much better at words then I and she has some beautiful pictures too.

6 comments:

Coy Hill said...

Congratulation of your shots of the nesting ospreys! The ospreys visit my area but I have never found a nest site. They certainly are majestic birds.

Rachel said...

The ospreys are so pretty!! How lovely to get to see them up that close! In that one picture it does look like they are all looking at something!

Lovely pictures of the beautiful garden! That one squirrel looks like his tail is going bald!

bobbie said...

24 pictures!!! And Blogger let you do that?

this is a really nice summary of our afternoon.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Wow! These pictures are wonderful. What a gorgeous place this is. I enjoyed seeing Bobbie's pictures, too. I'm trying to catch up on blog visiting today. I'm soooooo far behind!

Dianne said...

you take the best photos!! and your words are lovely too silly ;)

sounds like it was a lovely day which you certainly needed and deserved.

oh - never need to say thanks but - you're welcome - hugs kid.

MmeBenaut said...

These photos are absolutely incredible! Stunning photos of the nesting ospreys. I've never seen anything like that and then such beautiful marshes and beaches and gardens and squirrels and ducks.
A virtual feast for the eyes.
Blogger will only let me upload 5 photos. How do you do it?
Anyway, thank you sweetie for a fabulous tour.