Monday, June 9, 2008

We have a baby..

swallow that is. But first, in Saturday's entry I said I had a squirrel in my yard. First time since the kittens. (See the little orange heathen's on my sidebar). Kidding, I love my little kittens and don't know now what I would do if they weren't here. They bring me much joy and entertainment. So anyway, here is a picture of Mr. Squirrel. He is on the tree trunk with is fuzzy tail in the air.



I went out for a smoke this afternoon and looked up at one of the swallows nest. I couldn't believe my eyes. A baby swallow. I quick went in and got my camera. Here he/she is peeking over the top of the nest.


Aren't I cute?
Here he/she is with mouth open. Don't know if he/she was trying to cool off or if he/she was hungry.
"Hey. Will you feed me instead of taking my picture."


After the photo shoot, I stood away from the nest. Here eight swallows were all flying around. When I was taking the pictures, I heard a lot of chirping, but was to engrossed in the photo opportunity to look around me.

I am so excited. I can't wait to see if any more babies appear in this nest and the other two nests out back. There is also two nest's in the front of the building. This could get really interesting with all the swallows and babies soon.
Baby Swallow update: As of today, Tuesday, there are two baby swallows in the nest.

7 comments:

bobbie said...

I love it!!! I'll bet you were really traveling when you went in for that camera, temperature in the 90's or not.

nora leona said...

Wonderful photographs.
I'm learing a lot from you, thanks!

chrome3d said...

That was so small and helpless. Good story.

Dianne said...

I LOVE how you marked up the shots for easier viewing. You're so cute!

I'm so excited about the babies.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

This is so great! What fun, Lisa! Can't wait for updates on this!!

MmeBenaut said...

How cute and he is very hungry! I bet there are more than just two in that nest.
I love the photo of the squirrel too Lisa.

Ralph said...

Great pictures. It will be interesting to see how many you end up with.
Ralph