Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thank You

I would like to say a heartfelt thank to the following good people:
Lisa, Bobbie, Mmebenaut, Lin, Dianne, Tom, Mary, Cliff & Kay. Earlier in the week, I had a very bad day. These fine people left me encouraging heartfelt comments. I just want to tell all of you that your comments helped and how much I appreciate your kindness.

To add even more to my bad day or week, Thursday night I had to work. Afterward some of us went and had a drink. It felt good to get out and forget about things for a while. When I got home Ralphy boy met me. I petted him for a couple of minutes and went in. My baby was standing inside the door. Not unusually. She normally greets me at the door with meows and rubbing up against my leg. Which always prompts me to pick her up and give her some lovin. I guess I was thinking to much and then realized that she didn't do this this time. I noticed that she just laid down in front of the door. I went over and started petting her and she just looked at me. I picked her up and started petting her, but she didn't meow or purr and tried to get down. After a while she got sick and then went running for the litter box. I really thought that this was it. She has been sick for a couple of years now, but we have gotten through it. The vet gave me a pill to help calm her stomach down and I gave her one. But this time was different. Her eyes were dull. Every time I tried to comfort her she pushed me away. This was heartbreaking and lots of tears were shed again. I tried for over an hour and each time I was rejected. She didn't want me to do anything for her so I was left with a sinking heart and a fear that when awoke in the morning she would be gone. The alarm went off and with heavy heart went looking for her. To my elated surprise, there she sat and gave me a big meow. She was a little talkative, hungry and best of all accepted my lovin. She still wasn't totally herself, but this gave me hope. I know now we are on borrowed time. I don't know how much longer she can hold on. But as long as she holds on and fights, so will I.


This is one of my favorite pictures of her. I love the annoyed look on her face. I found this frame at Hallmark and couldn't resist buying it. It really does say it all. She has been my faithful friend for over 12 years now.



Before the week turned shitty on me, Monday a thunder storm was heading our way. I was on my front porch watching and said to myself "Self. You haven't went to the bay and watched a thunder storm roll in in a while. I think it is time." I came in and called Bobbie and asked her if she wanted to do a little storm chasing. She had just sat down to dinner. I said there would be more storms for us. So off I went. As I was turning onto the street, I seen Bobbie daughter, Rita walking or should I say walking very briskly for home before the storm hit. I yelled to her to get in the car. She did and I took her home. Rita is a sweetheart of a lady. She was telling me some funny stories about when she was just recently at the County park for a picnic. So now Rita was home safely and to the bay I went. It poured.





It is hard to tell from this picture, but it is of a sailboat that was blown over. I drive a Honda CR-V. This is not a light car. The wind was so strong that it was rocking my car back and forth.

I stayed there for a while. What I was really trying to do was get a picture of lightning. This is an impossible task with my camera, but hey it was worth a try. After it was over, I came home and one of the U-Haul trailers from Anco was blown across the street. Anco was closed so I called the police. The girl thanked me for calling and said that they would get in touch with someone to move it. They did. I can't wait for another storm so Bobbie and I can go and do some storm chasing. Well storm watching I should say.
Being the animal loving freak that I am, I take solace in watching them. In the beginning of the month I had posted that we had baby swallows. At first, I only saw one and a couple days later I saw four. Well how fast they grow.


It is hard to see, but there are two little heads to the right of the nest.



I can't tell if this is mama or daddy feeding their babies.


Here is two peering over the nest.


This is one of the babies. There is another one peeking over the front ones back. It is so hard to believe how big they have gotten.

Rub-a-Dub-Dub three swallows in a mud tub.
I have only been able to see the three of them. I am not sure if the four one survived or not.

This is my favorite picture so far.
Whenever they get to be this size, they always remind me of a little gargoyle.
One other thing that I have been looking at is the Bald Eagle cam. I have the link on the top of my sidebar. I gave Bobbie a call one day to hop on. The adult Bald Eagle was in the nest with the two little ones. Well I can't say they are little anymore. When one of the babies stood up and started to walk around a little, I was shocked by the size of its feet. Good grief. When Bobbie and I were talking about them, we decided that they don't look like Bald Eagles. They look like vultures. If you have time and are interested, please take a look at them.
Well I have rambled on enough for this post. Again I want to thank everyone who left me kind and encouraging comments. That really meant a lot to me.

3 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

What a difference a few days make. The swallows certainly have grown. We have baby rosellas at the moment and of course, baby magpies although we haven't seen them yet; the nest is about 30 feet off the ground.
Your baby loves you, she was just trying to cope with her nausea.
Stay well dear and look after you! Stay out of those storms and forget about taking lightning shots!

bobbie said...

I love the swallows so much. You get some good pictures of them this time.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Aw, you're so nice, Lisa. I hate that things have been difficult for you recently and hope things have improved now. I'm glad your kitty is okay and hope she will continue to improve. I love my two cats and I hate to see them when they are sick. I love all of your pictures. Your kitty is adorable. It's fun seeing the swallows nesting, and your rain pictures really capture what is going on outside my own windows right now. It's raining cats and dogs here, there is thunder and lightning and I'm going to have to shut down again. It's been like this off and on all day.