Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 4 of staycation

As predicted it's raining and the temperature is around 59 degrees. Love the temp., but hate the rain.


Like the past couple of mornings, Ralphy has made himself comfy.



Fat little thing isn't he? But for all his girth, he is the sweetest cat. Couple months ago, he decided he was spending the night inside and on my bed. I fell asleep and a little while later was awoken to a loud bang. It was Ralphy falling off the bed.



Anyway this isn't about him. I went to the DMV this morning to pay my registration. $71.50 to be pissed away by the State. There were two receptionists when I went in, a guy and lady. The guy looks at me and said, 'it must be raining outside.' Me: 'Of course it is. I'm on vacation.' The lady says, 'all week?' Me: 'Yes.' Her: 'remind me not to take off when she's on vacation.' You see the forecast is for rain all week. Having a drought were you are? Let me know. I'll come vacation in your part of the world and take care of that drought for you.


Went to check on two osprey nests. And they're nesting. Yip-pee. Bobbie and I went last year in June to find babies in both nests. We'll be going back this year hopefully to more babies.


Click to enlarge and you'll see her hunkered down in the nest. She does blend in.

Papa was close by. Eating I think.

You looking at me.

The two photos above are from nest one.


The three below are from nest two. I was out of the car for these two. Very windy and rainy, but I think they turned out pretty good.


Papa on a near by post.


Mama looking at me as if to say, 'Back off. You're too close.'




How's that for a profile.


They are a very beautiful bird.


I did get a couple of pictures of papa in flight, fighting the wind, but they weren't very good.



I'm hoping that the weather forecasters are wrong about tomorrow. I am itching to go to a couple new places for pictures.

3 comments:

bobbie said...

I think you got your wish. And since I don't see your car down the street, I guess you must be off exploring again. Good! Hope it stays nice and sunny for you.

Dianne said...

I love Ralphie, please don't tell him that I laughed about him falling off the bed - my JR used to do that

that Mama bird is really giving you a look!

the sun is out right now, it must have heard you

MmeBenaut said...

I laughed too about Ralphy falling off the bed. Such indignity for a cat! I'm loving all the photos of your lovely home and the cats and birds Lisa. Sorry that it's raining for your staycation.