Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 6

This was definitely a lazy day. I went to the bank and came home. My only outing for the day.


The natural gas company is running lines. This is creating havoc on our only main road. So people are being detoured. Today was my street. It has been very interesting watching all sorts of trucks and cars. Not to mention the beer tracker trailers, other tracker trailers, New Jersey Transit buses, school buses, etc.


I did notice a Coca Cola truck too. That got me to thinking. I haven't seen a Pepsi truck in a very long time. Has anyone?


The only pictures I took today was this morning of a zinnia bud.


The white things are not bugs. I noticed it when I loaded the pictures and went and checked.

It is just white fuzz.


Almost there.
I can't wait until it is in full bloom.
These will be my first zinnia's.
I got the plant from the high school.
The students grow all sorts of plants through
the year. Then they hold a plant sale.


I did not get these at the plant sale. These came from my favorite garden center.


It was very wet in the morning.



And the dewdrops were very pretty.

6 comments:

bobbie said...

Keep using that macro setting. I love the dew drops.

JC said...

I have small carnations in my front yard. They come back every year. I need to get some more though.

Deborah Godin said...

I haven't seen zinnias around in years. I'm sure they have them here, but...where? I still haven't done my pots yet, better get crackin' - I was colors like yours!

Dianne said...

I love the little buds just waiting to pop open! I have white fuzz here too!

Gretchen said...

Pretty flowers!

Nope, don't really notice Pepsi trucks. Won't drink the stuff, so only Coke trucks catch my eye. :)

MmeBenaut said...

Gorgeous photos Lisa.