Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 7

Woke to a gray foggy sky. Imagine that. Well after I got my butt in gear, I headed to grocery store. Took the scenic route. Driving along I spotted a very inviting yard and had to turn around for some pictures.




Drove along the bay. Not much to see there for all the fog, but the rock pile.
Even further down was a lonely picnic table.


Next stop was canal park. This was very eerie with all the fog.
Across the canal, I caught a glimpse of a brave fisherman making his way to the end of the rock pile.

Going out was one of our whale watcher boats. Don't no what they expected to see with all the fog.

Then I heard a loud horn and turned to see the ferry coming in the canal and the whale watcher boat passing the ferry on the left side. (I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of that.) I know that if I was on the whale watcher, I would have been shitting in my pants.


Later in the day, the sky cleared to a beautiful sunny day. Until evening. We had a couple thunder storms roll through. Not as bad as some we've had, but interesting. I love thunder storms. My cats don't. My baby hid behind the sofa and Ralphy came running inside with his tail between his legs. What a big strong male he is.
After the storms, Ralphy wanted to go back out, where his sister was waiting. She's the only brave heart of the bunch. My baby spent the entire night in bed with me. This was very unusually. She hasn't done this in a very long time. Maybe the storms really scared her. Or maybe she just wanted to be close. Either way, I enjoyed the closeness.

5 comments:

JC said...

Those were taken on the way to the store ... Wow.

I'm jelly for sure !!!

bobbie said...

Beautiful fog pictures!

I wasn't feeling well, and for the second night in a row, I fell asleep before 7: No wonder I didn't hear the storms.

Deborah Godin said...

Thanks! I feel like I just had a mini-vacation myself, looking at these.

Cliff said...

I've read all of your staycation post up to here. If I lived in your area I'd stay home too. What a lovely home. The decks and yard looks inviteing. Now if you can do something about the cat on your bed you'd have it made. :)
I hope you don't have to go back to work. Or is this a temporary situation?

MmeBenaut said...

Hee hee. My baby sleeps curled up next to me each night. I can't sleep if she isn't there.