Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rain, rainbow, hummers & other stuff

We haven't seen the sun since Friday. Late in the afternoon, a portion of the sky clouded over with the other bright and sunny. Huge raindrops fell. Perfect for a rainbow.


This rain was very short and soon the skies brighten.


Mr. Hummer came out to feed and guard his feeder from the others.




Sunset was beautiful.


This was the last sunset we have seen. It has been overcast, drizzle, rain, downpours, thunder, lightning and some fog at times.
At times we have been graced with the hint of sunshine and blue sky, but all too soon it is taken over with gray clouds.
We are getting tired of this shit. We need sunshine. Checking the weather for the coming days doesn't looking promising. It is saying for Sunday, abundant sunshine. I hope they are telling the truth this time.
I have been told twice in the past two days that the professionals are saying we are still down four inches in rainfall. How can this be? Winter was wet. We had a lot of rain and snow (over eight inches of the white shit). And so far this spring, it has been wet. Ahh this is probably another one of the news people doom and gloom stories. They have to find something negative to talk about. Heaven forbid they should actually talk about something good.
*************************
Last Saturday was our high schools prom. I went to my friend's house because their son was going. Oh how handsome he looked. His date had a beautiful pink gown on. He says they are just 'best friends', but from the looks they gave one another and body language, they are more then that.
I did take pictures, but one, they didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. And two, I don't like to post pictures without permission.
***************************
All the Dancing with the Stars fans out there, what did you think about the elimination Tuesday? I was surprised. As much as I love Ty and think he is the most improved, I thought for sure he would have been the next to go.
I had said in a previous post that Ty was my favorite. I really hope he goes all the way. I just think that he is what this show is about. Doing something that you have never done before and way out of your comfort zone.
And how can you help but not love him. He has a great quiet personality and great expressions.
***************************
Did I mention that our swallows are back. They've been here for about three weeks now. I love to hear the chitter-chatter and watch them fly.
Bobbie came across a humming bird nest webcam. If you would like to watch, click here.
And don't forget about the Bald Eagle cams. The link is on my sidebar at the top. There is three HUGH babies at Sidney. And two small babies at Hornby. Very fun to watch.
Haven't seen the possum since Sunday. I hope that she found a place, not in my shed, to have her babies.
***************************
Well. That's about all I have. Until next time, if you have sun where you are, think of us and try to send some our way.

2 comments:

Kay said...

What lovely rainbows and such gorgeous hummingbirds. They really are little jewels.

MmeBenaut said...

Not much sun down here this week either, Lisa but we've had a quiet drizzle and rainfall the past few days, nothing quite so violent as your spring storms.
The photos are lovely.
Happy weekend dear girl.