Sunday, May 17, 2009

Not much of anything

Not much has happened this past week. I was disappointed that Ty was eliminated from Dancing, but I guess it was to be expected. I don't care what anyone says, that man gave everything he had. Without a doubt, he was the most improved. I give him credit for doing something way out of his comfort zone.

Don't forget that tonight is the season finale of Survivor. I'm rooting for J.T.

I received a letter from the State saying I owe taxes for cigarettes that I purchased outside the State. The letter references an invoice number, but the letter does not tell me how much I owe. It gives you a website to go to. Then fill out the worksheet with the date, number of cartons and amount paid from 2002. Be for real. I don't have this information. I contacted the place I purchased the cigarettes. The girl was very nice, but told me that she couldn't tell me anything. She said that they were waiting for a manager to tell them what they could and could not say. She told me I could call back and ask for a manager and several would be available to speak with. I called the next day and spoke with another girl who told me that a manager wouldn't be available until afternoon. Nicely but firmly I insisted and guess what, a manager was available. He told me that they sent names, address and order information to the State. The order information had the date, number of cartons and amount paid. He is going to send me a print out. Turns out I started ordering from them in 2005. Three years after what the State is requesting.

I am going to send the State a letter requesting the amount of taxes I owe. After all, they don't hesitate to send a nasty letter saying you owe 'x' amount in taxes. What's different this time?

I called about jury duty Friday. My service to them is complete. My next time of service is 2012.

I went food shopping this morning. They had advertised a six pack of lemons. They weren't marked with the sale price, so I asked a guy who works in the department. He said they were the one's on sale. After I checked out, I looked at the receipt. Sure enough, they didn't charge me the sale price. I went to the customer service desk with receipt and circular. The girl was very nice. I don't know if this is store policy, but she gave me my money for the entire cost of the lemons. I questioned her, but she said, 'we overcharged you for the item, so I am giving you a full refund for them.' No argument here. I thanked her very much and left.

I have bored you enough with nothing but a bunch of ramblings. So I leave you with some pretty pansy pictures.







6 comments:

Kay said...

Well you sure didn't get a lemon with that store policy. Sorry to hear about the cigarette tax thing. Government beaurocracy can be a real pain. Glad your jury duty thing is done so you don't have to worry about it for a whle.

bobbie said...

I second what Kay said. The pansies are so very pretty!

Marla said...

Seems like they waited along time to collect tax money from you. What would they do if you didn't pay it?

Mare said...

Pansies-my favorite! I'm looking forward to picking out some flowers to plant around the house, and there will definitely be some pansies.

Mary said...

It's amazing how much money the government will spend to collect out-of-state taxes on cartons of cigarettes. Can you imagine?

I don't watch Dancing but I am an Idol fan.

I enjoy your mundane musings - we all have them. Did you enjoy my mundane comment? LOL!

Those pansies are very cute.

Cliff said...

Neat photos of the flowers. Stunning actually.
On the tax deal, Get used to it. It's going to get much, much worse as the Government tries to figure out how to pay for all of the give aways.