Sunday, January 18, 2009

Jake's Landing

It was cold, but not windy. There were only five of us tonight. Another five with the people from the bird observatory. One of the girls had a Bald Eagle in the scope when I got there. That was enough for me. I love those birds. So majestic.



But tonight was active with harriers and short-earred owls. I spied something in the water and asked one of the guys what it was. I believe they said it was a short-billed grebe. However, I could not find that on my bird identifying site that I use. I probably have the wrong name, but I know he said grebe.



They now charge $6.00 to attend one of these watches. I'm not too happy about this. Last year it was free. Maybe this is why not too many people showed up tonight.



While there it started snow flurrying. I stopped to get milk and ran into someone I know. We were talking outside and it was snowing pretty good. I just went out alittle while ago and we have a coating of snow. Check the weather and we may get one-inch of the white shit. Oh sorry - one-inch of snow. I'll let you know if the were right or not.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Look on the bright side, it might snow so much you can't go to work tomorrow.

Kay said...

I'm sorry but one inch is ahem... not much. I feel like we're buried in Chicago. Sigh.... Stay warm.

Marla said...

I don't like the snow either. Hey what happened to the music you had on your blog??