Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weather, Mary and more....

Well the weather people were wrong. Again! Yesterday afternoon turned out to be beautiful. The sun shined:o) The temps were comfortable. Later in the day, it did cloud over (surprise) and it did rain for awhile. My comfort food, (see post below) still hit the spot.


***********************



My neighbor decided to get his son a basketball hoop thing. You know the one that is portable and placed on the street. Oh joy. Just what I need. Yes I am a cranky young person who hates hearing a pouncing basketball. It wasn't too bad yesterday, but still got on my nerves.



This morning I noticed they had placed it on the property next to the street with a bag of sand and a bag of concrete securing it. The winds picked up. Hearing a bang, I went to investigate. Yup. The stupid basketball thing fell over into the street. Another reason to not like the things. If it had fell the other way, it would have hit the next door neighbor's car. Let me do some what ifs here. What if someone had parked their car closer to the thing? What if a car was driving by? What if someone was walking or pedaling by? What if the other neighbor had her granddaughter out in the stroller? These basketball things do not belong in or near the street. They should be totally on a property. Or even better. Take your kids the short walk to the rec center. Yes I'm cranky.



Just looked and they uprighted it, but now it is totally on the street. Wonderful. Now when it falls, it can block the road even more. Still cranky.



********************************


Went food shopping this morning. Shoprite's can-can sale is on. Gotta love it. Can stock up for decent prices. Saved over $30.00 today.


When I was putting away the groceries, my vision was funny. Then the light show, as I like to call it, started. Migraine. I haven't gotten a migraine while awake in a long time. I have been getting them while asleep. Don't know what trigger this one. My left eye has been twitching since Wednesday. I don't know if this have something to do with it or not.


So far this has been my day. Listening to a bouncing ball, basketball thing falling over and migraine. Maybe there's the connection.


**********************


Yesterday afternoon while outside, I watched a hawk soaring. I am not good with identifying the big birds. Well this one turned and the sun hit it just right. Red-tailed hawk. Exciting. I watched him soar around for quite awhile.


***********************


Speaking of birds. I don't know if you all read Mary at Mary's View, but she won the Vagabird Magazine 2008 Best Amateur Photographers. I am so happy for her and this is well deserved. I have admired her photography for awhile now. She is passionate about wildlife, life in general and 'The Licker Sisters', Bella and Chloe.
She takes us on her adventures and you can't help but smile and laugh. She will stalk a bird or whatever she has in her sights for the picture. For this I can't help but laugh.
Stop over her place. Enjoy her photos and her words. You won't be disappointment.
Congratulations Mary!! I look forward to many more of your entries and photos.

7 comments:

Marla said...

The basketball thing. I have two boys, grown now, but they used to cause the same kind of ruckus! I try to look at the positive in all things, change the way you see everything. So my thought would be, if these boys are praticing BB at a young age, they will perhaps develop a love for the sport and it will keep them off the streets causing problems. So how do you like that thought. You may be watching a future professional BB player develop his skills right in your neighborhood. Are you laughing yet?!?!?

Mare said...

I hope that after a few days you will be able to funnel the basketball noise to background noise that doesn't register so prominently. Or turn your stereo on loud and work on some project like photos or something. Good luck and I hope the migraine goes away, too!

Ralph said...

Don't even get me started on the weather - too late. Last night they called for a trace. This morning at 5:00 their new weather modeling program called AccuCast said we would get 2.1 inches where I live. I started shoveling five minutes later all 5 inches and it was still snowing hard. At least they got it partial right this time - it snowed. Man, I may have to write a post about this.
Those basketball hoops should have a base that can be filled with either sand or water to keep them from falling. Still doesn't solve the bouncing basketball problem does it?
Ralph

Lisa said...

Fortunately my weather people were wrong too... so I did not get stuck at home.

They do make free-standing basketball hoops that won't fall over... your neighbors were skimpy and now you shall pay for their frugality.

Cliff said...

Dear Cranky: (i didn't say that ourloud did I)
I agree, why can't these kids just deal drugs in the street in front of your house? I suspect it would be much quieter. :)
I'm going to study the beef stew recipe.
The picture of the hawk got me to thinking about the naked guy in the window of the house dialing 911 about some pervert trying to get a picture of him.
Okay, I'll leave you alone now Lisa.
About the day off. They actually passed a state law here in Nebraska that said all state and county governmemts must adhere to eddicts from the president concerning days off.
And yes, we have to pay time and a half to our 24 hour service people who work that day. ie snow removal and the sherrif's dept.

Mary said...

Lisa, sorry I'm late getting here. Thanks for your nice comments! Tim had fun making up his own contest. I'm glad he remembered me :o)

Mary

Michele said...

Lisa, Hope you are having a better day today....
I hope you know by now about the change in blogs of mine... I had to, had no choice (sigh) but I wanted to let everyone know...
(((HUGS)))
~Michele~