Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday ramblings

An update to my previous post regarding goals I have set for this year. One was focusing on one project at a time. Getting it done before moving onto another. I said that I didn't think I would be able to achieve this one and I was right. I have tried these past couple of days, but it's just no use. So this is one I must give up.

Another goal was working on taking better pictures and upgrading to a better camera. You know one with a better zoom. Well I wish I had that better zoom this morning. I was going food shopping and stopped at the ATM first. When I got in my car, I looked across the street to see a Cooper's Hawk hunting for a meal. He was hot on the tail feathers of a little sparrow, but the sparrow won. The hawk flew into a tree. Getting my camera ready, he decided to fly onto the steps of the house. I zoomed in as much as I could and this was the best I could do.

If you look closely and to the left of the window, you can see the hawk on the brick wall. I really need that better zoom camera.

I am working toward the other goals I have set and am making progress. I know it is only four days into the new year, but one must continue working each day.

*****************************

Last night before bed, my baby was bugging me to go out. She never really wanted to go out at night time before and I figured what the hell. So I put on her collar and out we went. Yes, when my baby goes outside, she is on a leash. She was never a fighter and can't defend herself. So I keep her close to me. Ralphy was in a playful mood and was enjoying the company of his two favorite girls. My baby and I started walking to the other side of the house when Ralphy went running by and around the corner of the house. When we finally made our way to the corner, he came jumping out from behind the propane tank and quickly ran back behind it. He jumped out a couple times, I guess trying to scare us. Hey buddy. We are braver then that. We started walking back and he went racing past us. He was loving this. So was I.

******************************

Bobbie and I will be getting a new neighbor this week. When I got home from shopping, my previous neighbor was there showing her the house. Our new neighbor is recently divorced, apparently not a very nice one, and her 15 year old daughter. She is around my age and her name is Kim. Didn't want to pry too much. There will be time for that.

*****************************

Well that's it. Nothing interesting, just ramblings about nothing.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

7 comments:

Marla said...

You know at least you do set goals for yourself. Your photo of the hawk was good. I could make it out, it was like a find Waldo, but I did it. Ha!!

Kay said...

Thanks pretty awesome about the Coopers Hawk. It's nice to know homes are still selling. I hope you enjoy your new neighbor.

bobbie said...

Hey, that hawk was something. Wonder if the occupant of the house happened to look out, and if they had a camera.

Dianne said...

if there wasn't so much shade that photo would be amazing

you can't control the sun lol

MmeBenaut said...

I can just see you and baby and ralphy having fun playing together. Sascha and Felix play like that all the time and I love watching them.
Your new neighbour sounds interesting, Lisa.

Ralph said...

Trying to complete one task before starting another is almost impossible at least for me - seems like we spend a lot of time waiting to get "stuff" from others. The new zoom is a GREAT goal - I like goals at that.
Ralph

Rachel said...

I'm glad the sparrow won over the hawk!

I like the snow on your page!

Great goals you set. I'm really not setting any since they tend to be forgotten soon! But there are a few things I'm going to try and improve.