Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yoga & still cranky about basketball thing

Last night was the first yoga class at our local rec center. I was surprised that 21 people came. I don't know why I was surprised really. When a new class starts, there are always a lot of people who come, but over time, the numbers decrease. Because there were a lot of first time people, the teacher just did a stretching routine. I surprised myself with how well I did. Meaning. I didn't fall over. Wobbled a couple times. But maintained my dignity. For my size and age, I am still pretty flexible and limber. And the stretching felt good. I have to say that I slept well last night. I always sleep good, but I was so relaxed, I had a nice deep sleep. So I guess for the next seven weeks, I will partake in yoga.

****************************
Now it's time for Ms. Cranky to come out. When I was leaving for work the stupid basketball thing had fell over. See picture below.




The two bags close to the base are sandbags. The bag by the pole is a bag of concrete. Obviously this is not enough weight to keep this thing secure. And yes, it is block half the street.

I believe they are called 'portable basketball hoops'. The key word, 'portable'. When you are done playing for the day, move (portable) it back on your property. If it should fall. Well. Why go there.

Well I think Ms. Cranky will have to work on her zen.




5 comments:

bobbie said...

Show that picture to the right people and they'll have to move it back.

Dianne said...

I'm so impressed with you and your yoga-ness :)

I hate those damn basketball things! there's a family around the bend - literally - who have one and they pull it out practically into the middle of the street. then the kids play where you can't see them until you almost hit them

I went and knocked on their door and explained how dangerous I felt it was - as well as illegal.

they moved it.

Cliff said...

I like watching yoga on tv. :}

Damn kids.

you still have dandruff floating around your blog.
My van thermometer got down to -21 this morning on my way to town. I only say that to make you feel better. And it will, unless you were colder.

Marla said...

I hope the yoga helps calm your frustration with the basketball thing. Deep breaths, relax, relax!

Mary said...

Keep up with the Yogo and maybe you won't care about the hoop? LOL! I would still be Ms. Cranky. Those portable hoops are eyesore laying all over the place. Our neighbors in DE had one and it was lying on its side more often that sitting upright. Blech.