Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just more ramblings

Yesterday I went up the road. That is what us locals call, 'going to the mall.' The ride is about 45 minutes. Sometimes more depending upon traffic. Or in my case, quickly pulling over to the side of the road to take a picture.

I did pull over a couple of times. There were a couple of does in the center median. They could have cared less about all the cars travelling by at 65 mph past them. But let a weird looking lady with a camera stop and they take off into the wooded area. I could see them moving around in there and could just hear them saying, 'can you believe she stopped? Can you believe she wanted to take our picture? Is she gone yet? The grass was greener there.' So I wasn't able to get a picture of them. Oh well.

My first stop, Yankee Candle. Couldn't help it. The car sometimes has a mind of its own. Oh my. SALE. Large jars more than half price. I walked out with three jars. I would like to say that my goal setting part of my brain kicked in because I put that fourth jar back. Well luckily I don't go to the mall that often.

I said that I have a candle addiction like I have a book addiction. One day I decided to count the candles I have. 82 votives. 92 tarts. And now 23 jars. I need to work on this goal.

Went to the mall and first stop, the pet shop. There was a little fence area with two of the smallest dogs I have seen. I thought they both were Chihuahua, but only one was. The other was a rat terrier. They were jumping around and playing. Being me and not being able to resist, I reached in and picked one up. It was the terrier. Oh my. What a cutie him was. I put him back in and picked up the other. An immediate change. He was so full of himself in the pen, but being held, he stiffen right up. I was talking to the lady next to me and asked her if she wanted to hold the puppy. Of course she did and I picked up the other. We were kidding each other about how much our pups like us and wanted to go home with each other. Okay time to walk away. Next stop an African Grey. Damn thing tried to bite me. A worker came over and said he was a sweet heart. Oh yeah. That sweetheart tried to bite me. He didn't believe me. I tired petting him again, and the thing latched onto my finger. I said to the kid, 'See I told you so. Now can you get him off my finger before he draws blood.' Nasty bird.

Went to the camera shop and told the guy what I was looking for. He immediately went to the Nikon. It was a beautiful camera, but is way above me. I don't know enough to buy a $600.00 camera with interchangeable lens, filters, etc. I want a point and shoot with a good zoom. So I'm still looking for a camera.

Went to Sam's and picked up some things. While standing in line, this lady comes at me from the side to move in behind me. Then I turned and seen a guy behind me. Ah we have a line butter here. Me and the guy got talking. He said this should be fun and he should have went to Shoprite. While I was putting my items on the conveyor belt, my cart kept moving forward. The line butting lady was pushing on my cart. Bad move on her part. I put my bulk against the cart and adding a little push myself. I walk forward a little and she started pushing again. Next my foot went on the bottom of the cart and a nice little push back with a dirty look. When the cashier was ready for me, I maneuvered my cart so the guy behind me was able to go next. The nerve of some people. Stand in line and wait your turn like everyone else. Can't stand line butters.

So that was my day yesterday. Got more candles that I didn't need. Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you that I also bought three more books. Ugh. Didn't get a camera, but I did get a couple pictures. Don't know if they turned out or not. I haven't put them on my computer yet.

Today is cloudy. Surprise. But it is a bit warmer. Today also is the first owl watch at Jake's Landing. I can't wait. Hopefully there will be owls. If not I certainly hope there are eagles.

Well that's about all the ramblings I have in me now. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

3 comments:

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I have a Panasonic Lumix camera. I got it at Costco for around $300. It has a rechargable battery and when set on "intelligent auto" (or push here dummy) it takes great pictures. Good luck hunting

David said...

I just bought the Sony cyber shot at Sams.
Love it and the quality

Marla said...

Sounds like you had a good day. I am not good with these digital cameras, and I still haven't tried to download my photos from camera to my computer. I have lots of candles and I always neglect to light them. I had a owl hooting in my tree last week. I put my son's small dog out on the rope to pee and I heard this owl hooting. I followed the dog around, I was afraid the do would swoop him up for a late night snack. Last year I had small screech owls, parents and five babies who hung around along time. They were cool and I never took pictures, duh!!