Saturday, January 24, 2009

This sucks

This morning my phone rang. As I was in the middle of something, I could not answer the phone. When I listened to the message, it was a friend of mine that I haven't seen in awhile. He said that he was going to be in the area and would stop by. Great. I looked forward to seeing him.

I got showered and dressed and began my chores. I was thinking it will be good to see my friend and catch up. I also knew he wouldn't stay long, so I could go out and take pictures.

As I was doing my chores, I started feeling not right. I figured I was tired and would get something to eat and relax for awhile before my friend came. I had just finished vacuuming when there was a knock at the door. I made coffee and we sat and talked. Then my vision started getting funny. Then the light show. Shit. Migraine. We talked for awhile longer and he left.

It was great that I saw my friend, but it sucks that I got a migraine. I could still go out and try and get some pictures, but I wouldn't have any fun. Plus the sunlight is bothering my eyes and I feel sick to my stomach. So I'll stay home and watch Titanic for the 97th time. And hope tomorrow I don't have a headache and can go take some pictures. This sucks.

*I didn't watch all of Titanic. I closed the blinds and took a nap. Well my kind of nap. Four hours. I feel a little bit better now. Only a dull headache, but I am still cold.

5 comments:

bobbie said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough afternoon. I'd call, but maybe you should try sleeping.
Talk to you later.

Mary said...

Sorry, Lisa. I've never had a migraine but I know they can ruin a whole day. Hope you've warmed up and feel better.

Mary

Kay said...

Bummers! I'm so sorry for your headache. I have a friend who gets migraines and she used to tell me how bad they could be. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll feel loads better tomorrow. Thank goodness you were still able to have a nice visit.

Lisa said...

:(

I only had migraines for a few weeks when I was pregnant, so I know how bad they are but fortunately that was it for me. I can't imagine dealing with this all the time. I hope you feel better soon sweetie.

Mare said...

Naps can be so theraputic, I hear. I can't sleep during the day. I hope you feel better and fast.